OVERVIEW: Provides support services to victims of sexual assault.
1) ABUSERS PROGRAM: Provides weekly counseling groups for perpetrators who have abused their partners. Group sessions are 1.5 hours long and run for 32 weeks. Sessions are designed to help perpetrators to end abusive behavior by learning ways to resolve conflicts and handle stress non-violently. Program is designed for court-ordered participants but is open to voluntary members.
2) DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PROGRAM: Offers a 24-hour helpline. Individual counseling and educational support groups are available for women and men who have been battered. Individual counseling for children of battered women or men is also available. Referrals made for battered children. Court support and referral to emergency shelter, legal services, and other community resources are available. Program does not provide couples counseling while an abusive situation is ongoing.
3) SEXUAL ASSAULT PROGRAM: Offers a 24-hour helpline for victims of rape and sexual assault. Counseling provided by trained counselors who act as liaisons with the police, provide follow-up counseling, accompaniment to court and hospitals, and referral to community resources.
4) LEGAL SERVICES: Provides court accompaniment, representation for protection orders and emergency custody hearings, divorce and other civil remedies. Helps with ex-partes and refers to other sources of legal and immigration assistance.
5) SAFEHOUSE SERVICES: Offers a confidentially located crisis shelter for battered women, battered men, and their children. Also offers a transitional housing program.
6) HOSPITAL COMPANION: Assists victims of sexual assault and domestic violence with a companion during a hospital visit.
7) DONATIONS: Accepts non-perishable foods, hygiene items including soap, shampoo, diapers and other paper products, new sheets, towels. Cannot accept used toys or clothing.
PO Box 1207
PO Box 1207
Agency: SARC: Sexual Assault/Spouse Abuse Resource Center
Languages Available: Language line, Spanish
Payment Description: Abusers program requires an initial $65 registration fee and offers a sliding fee scale. All other programs are free.
Intake and Eligibility: Victims and abusers of domestic and sexual violence.