VICTIMS SERVICES: Provides a wide range of support services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault to women, men and children. Also offers a free confidential 24 hour hotline and 2-1-1 information and referral service.
- 24-HOUR CRISIS HOTLINE: Provides crisis intervention services for all callers in need that may result in dispatching local enforcement. Hotline counselors listens and provide information about community resources.
- 2-1-1: Provides 24 hour information and referral to a variety of government human and health services based on caller's specific needs.
- SAFE HOME: Provides a confidential safe home to women and children that are victims of domestic violence. Call for intake.
- COUNSELING SERVICES: Provide free counseling to sexual assault victims, battered women and children, adults molested as children and child sexual assault victims. Play therapy and preparation for court appearances are available to children.
- SPEAKER'S BUREAU AND TRAINING: Provides professionals to speak to community organizations and provides educational training for professionals in the tri-county area on such topics as domestic violence, sexual assault, child sexual assault, suicide, crisis intervention and communication skills. An advance notice of two weeks is requested.
- ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES: Provides a 10-week class to adults who are involved in an altercation with anyone except for a spouse or life-partner. It can involve a friend, relative, neighbor or stranger. The fee is $25 per class payable by cash or money only.
- SUPPORT GROUPS: Provides groups for victims of Domestic Violence that meets weekly, times vary. Call for information.
- ABUSER'S INTERVENTION PROGRAM (AIP): Provides a 32 week class for adults who are involved in an altercation with a spouse or life-partner. Must complete an intake, fees are associated with intake and weekly class. Call for recorded information and to leave contact information.
Alternate Number :
- Maryland Crisis Hotline
PO Box 387
PO Box 387
Agency: Life Crisis Center
Languages Available: Language Line., Spanish
Payment Description: No fee for Counseling Services. Some fees applies to Classes.
Intake and Eligibility: Victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Wicomico County
- Worcester County
- Somerset County