OVERVIEW: Provides comprehensive rehabilitation for brain, spinal cord, multi-trauma and orthopedic injuries; stroke; and other neurological disorders.
1) PROVIDER OF SPECIAL SURGERIES: Offers inpatient and outpatient surgery in orthopedics, dentistry, plastic surgery, maxillofacial surgery, and ENT.
2) INPATIENT REHABILITATION: Provides comprehensive rehabilitation for persons with brain, spinal cord, multi-trauma and orthopedic injuries; stroke; and other neurological disorders.
3) OUTPATIENT REHABILITATION: Offers rehabilitation at Kernan Hospital at 2200 Kernan Dr, Baltimore, MD 21207 and Kernan Physical Therapy Woodlawn & Kernan Physical Therapy Timonium at 3104 Lord Baltimore Dr, Windsor Mill, MD 21244.
4) AMBULATORY PRACTICES: Provides evaluation and treatment on an outpatient basis. Services include: amputee; audiology; cleft lip/palate; complimentary medicine; EMG lab, ENT; foot/ankle; hand; multiple sclerosis; neuromuscular (cerebral palsy); orthotic; physical medicine and rehabilitation; scoliosis; spasticity; spina bifida; sports medicine; traumatic brain injury; trauma reconstruction; upper extremity; urology and wound care.
5) SOCIAL WORK: Coordinates and maintains the discharge process to identify patient needs and plan for appropriate after-care service.
6) SUPPORT GROUPS: Offers support groups for the following:
o Amputee - contact Kim Cardosa, 410-448-6731
o Stroke - contact Pam Cauley, 410-448-6320; for survivors and families.
o Brain Injuries - contact Candace Rebuck, 410-448-6303; for survivors, families, and friends.
o Spinal Injuries - contact either Mike Henley, 410-448-6307 or Gwen Alexander, 410448-6311; for patients and the community.
2200 Kernan Drive
2200 Kernan Drive
Agency: University of Maryland Medical System
Languages Available: Translators available based on patient needs.
Payment Description: Accepts Medical Assistance (Medicaid/MA), Medicare, insurance, managed care and self pay.
Intake and Eligibility: Clients must be pre-approved for insurance coverage and meet admissions criteria.
- Washington County